"Client: We need to sell more cheese.
Planner: The way to sell more cheese is to make it rural.
Creatives: We’ll have a cow then.”
- As a planner, your job is to get people to do stuff so just start
- As a junior remember to be useful - if you’re strategic and you can fix the printer/book a cab then you’re good
- There is no future for the advertising industry, it’s over-inflated and you’re joining a sinking ship
- Planners/strategists need to get ‘up and out’ of the advertising industry and use their skills in different ways
- If you really want to effect change in your clients business - go and work for them
- There is no right or wrong, so make decisions…choose something and go with it
- Advertising is great profession to go into, because advertising is also a great profession to leave - do it for a while until you understand what you actually want to do
- "Is this really what my contribution to the world is?"